Talent pool structure design
- Have visibility and responsibility for balancing resources demand needs.
- includes recruitment or cross training to meet organisational skill needs
- Depending on organisation structure or current progression on the path may be looking with wide angle lens, businesses unit lens or mix of both
- local (business unit/domain/… lens)
- with in a specific business unit
- whole of company (cross company all talent types)
This belongs in the supply overview pages
Organisations have been traditionally organised by purpose, which closely aligned to job title and skill. Eg sales, engineering, finance, customer support, product development. There is a realisation that this structure limits the ability for the right talent to be easily moved to the right work at the right time.
Labour supply, aka talent pools, chapters, capabilities. These are the people in your organisation grouped by job title and skill.